Coordinates: 41°10′N 1°17′W / 41.167°N 1.283°W / 41.167; -1.283Coordinates: 41°10′N 1°17′W / 41.167°N 1.283°W / 41.167; -1.283
Campo de Daroca
17 km2 (7 sq mi)
5.2/km2 (13/sq mi)
• Summer (DST)
Villadoz is a municipality located in the province of Zaragoza, Aragon, Spain. According to the 2010 census, the municipality has a population of 83 inhabitants.
The town is located close to the Sierra del Peco mountain range.
3 Places of interest
4 Transports and communications
5 See also
7 External links
Romans archaeological remains dated in the 2nd century B.C. have been found inside the municipal limit: remains of lime near of the river Huerva that they seem to be the base of a Roman bridge, Roman villas in the zone known as “Fuente del Manco” (Source of the Shortage) and part of the Roman causeway that was joining “Caecesaraugusta” (Zaragoza) with Saguntum (Sagunto) and Valentia (Valencia) near the Roman villas. Also they have found numerous objects of Roman ceramics in fields of culture of the zone of “Fuente del Manco”.
In the year 1248, for privilege of Jaime I of Aragon, this place comes undone of Daroca’s dependence, happening to form a part of “Sesma de Langa” in the Community of Daroca’s Villages, which were depending directly on the king, lasting this administrative regime up to the death of Fernando VII of Spain in 1833, being disuelta already in 1838. The parochial church of Mudejar Aragonese art dedicated to Santiago Apostle was built in fist years, also in this time was built the hermitages dedicated to Saint Bartholome are built (demolished) and to Mary Magdalene (in ruins).
In the middle of the 19th century there were destroyed the hermitages of Saint Bartholome and of Mary Magdalene. There is constructed a hermitage dedicated to the new patron saint of the village: Saint Martin of Tours. In 1845 the Villarroya del Campo village is declared neighborhood of Villadoz. The neighborhood became free at the end of the same century.
In 1933 the industry came to Villadoz, thanks to the railway network Zaragoza – Caminreal administered by the comp